Call us: 02392 386 791 | email:

Help and Support

Extra help and support for your personal and professional life

At Creating Confidence, we think that with the right support and guidance you learn faster and are more productive, this makes you more attractive to potential employers and can help improve other areas of your life that are seemingly unrelated. If you feel like you need some extra help and support before starting or during our course with us, see the links below to find the right help for you. Click on the logo of the most relevant service to see their website.

Services that offer financial support

The Money Advice Service offers free and impartial advice to help people manage their money. They also work in partnership with other organisations to help people make the most of their money. They were set up by Government to be an independent service.
The IFS is a team of independent financial advisers that are highly qualified and individually they hold a range of certifications relating to financial planning, mortgage advice, lifetime mortgages, long-term care and pension transfers. They offer advice to both employers and employees.

General advice and guidance

The Equality and Human Rights Commission are an independent statutory body with the responsibility to encourage equality and diversity. They use powers to challenge discrimination, promote equality of opportunity and protect human rights.
Citizens Advice provides free, confidential and independent advice to help people overcome their problems such as
diversity, equality and discrimination.
The services are free, independent and for everyone.

Services that offer mental health support

Rethink provide expert, accredited advice and information to everyone affected by mental health problems, whether it is you, a family member or a friend that has been diagnosed. They give people clear, relevant information on everything from treatment and care to benefits and employment rights. 
Mind is a charity that provides advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They also campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding of mental health issues and the effects it has on the family.

Support for addiction

The Gamblers Anonymous site offers various help for the compulsive gambler including a Forum, Chat Room, Literature and a meeting finder.
The Drinkaware Trust is an independent UK-wide alcohol education charity. The Trust works in partnership with others to help reduce alcohol-related harm by helping people make better choices about their drinking.
Frank is a website that deals with the addiction and misuse of all recreational and prescription drugs. You can use their online facts or contact them for confidential advice on your own addiction or a loved one's.

Services that offer support with eating disorders

Beat is a charity for people with eating disorders. Their message boards, online support groups, and regional support services allow people to talk to others with similar experiences, helping them to feel less alone with their eating disorder. Their phone and email helplines are available 365 days a year.
A centre for people with anorexia, bulimia, binge and compulsive eating, body image issues, intractable weight struggles and the people who serve them. Offering eating disorder treatment & recovery, skype counselling, professional training courses, help for carers and
personal assessments.

Employment support

A government agency that provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work.
The HSE provide advice and guidance on health and safety and welfare whilst keeping in line with current legislation. Policies, procedures, processes, myth busters and toolkits are available.
ACAS are an impartial authority that provide information, advice, training, conciliation and other services for employers and employees to help prevent or resolve workplace problems.

Housing and homelessness

Shelter are a charity that provide Face-to-face services, a national helpline, online advice and legal support for people who have lost their homes or are facing eviction. has information about what your council could offer you if you are homeless or facing eviction. It provides advice and numbers to call if you wish to apply for emergency housing.
Centrepoint provides housing and support for young people in London, Manchester, Yorkshire and the North East and through partnerships all over the UK.
They are a charity with hostels for young homeless people.
company icon
If you are unsure on what support you need, call Creating Confidence in Portsmouth.

Call 02392 386 791
Share by: